Small Groups: Move One Step
Sometimes, total life change happens in an instant, but more often it happens gradually. As small group leaders, our primary role is to uncover the spiritual condition of group members and walk beside them leading them one step closer to God. What this looks like will be different for each person. Here are some practical examples to help you:
• If a group member is not in a relationship with Christ, bring them to a church service where they can hear a clear presentation of the Gospel.
• Encourage group members to be water baptized.
• Invite group members to complete the Next Steps classes.
• Connect group members to the Dream Team.
• Introduce group members to the idea of daily prayer and Bible reading through the One Year Bible.
Our small groups will be most healthy when leaders take an active role in knowing each person in their group and intentionally helping them move one step closer to Christ.